Project 1

Sketches





 In Process







Final 


Artist Statement 

Frames are as difficult to make as they look to be, which is the majority of what I learned while making this frame. The idea of frames is something I see as an elevation of what the viewer is trying to experience. Frames can range from the wooden frames around an important piece of art to the framing that surrounds an important depiction on a vase. I did research on the idea of frames and why they were created to begin to formulate a better understanding and how I could create my own using the materials I had available. The art of woodworking to make frames is something i would have to do a deeper dive on the traditonal way of making to learn ever more.  The idea I had in might when first starting this had the end product being using to hang on a wall. The problem I ran into by the end was that my piece was falling apart at the seams, but through the image above you would never know. The intricate details were the most time consuming piece of the project making it a trial and error frame that I gained a large amount of knowledge from just by makes mistake after mistake. I also was left in the studio for 3 hours just trying to make a size-able frame that fit the measurements I needed. The idea that I was able to bring a part of flagler history into this piece of well made it even more fun to work with, by using the details on the back of the chairs used in the dining room. By using the different details I brought in more information that could be dissected by the viewed not only from the piece but the frame as well. 


Comments

Popular Posts