Found Objects Assignment

 

IN-PROCESS








SKETCHES
FINAL










Artist Statement 

This was a really fun assignment overall looking back on it after completing a finished product. Never in my art career have I ever made any 3D object out of paper and wood because it's never crossed my mind to make something out of it. When choosing these two objects, I thought of the two things that are contradictory but also the same. Paper is made out of wood and wood is made out of paper, yet they have two different uses and two different abilities. Paper is used or communication and translation, and wood is used for structure. By combining the two there is a clear difference but also the borderline similarities.The bird being the subject of the sculpture came from a personal connection because of my past AP portfolio being a focus on bird and how they range in species. Birds have always been a passion of mine to sculpt and draw them makes me excited to complete the work I'm doing. I spent about a day and a half on this project but was consistently excited about every piece I put together on it. 


Comments

Popular Posts